East Finchley Festival is committed to protecting your privacy. We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who we are
East Finchley Festival is organised by East Finchley Festival CIC, registered company no 12271366.
What information do we collect?
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed, i.e. anonymous data.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name and business or trading name.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your communication preferences. This also includes us making a note of conversations we have had with you in person and/or communications you sent to East Finchley Festival. This helps us to manage our relationship with you and ensures you only receive communications from us that are relevant and timely. We do not operate a mailing list and do not use your personal data for marketing purposes.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic data).
If you fail to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with a stall or advert). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How do we collect your information?
You give us your information when you apply to be a stallholder, advertise in our programme, sponsor one of our events, make a donation or communicate with us.
In the instance of an email exchange with East Finchley Festival, any emails with your personal data will be kept, appropriate for the length of engagement with you. Your details will not be automatically added to a database.
As part of our service to you, we may contact you by email or telephone to provide essential information related to your booking or transaction.
We may process personal data because it is in our legitimate interests to do so. For example we may use your personal information to understand your reasons for donating to us, to better understand your interests, to carry out screening on potential donors and to conduct due diligence on major donors (please also see the section below on Fundraising).
We may also process your personal data where:
- it is necessary for medical purposes (for example, in a medical emergency)
- it is necessary to protect your or another person’s vital interests
Supporting, attending or taking part in East Finchley Festival
East Finchley Festival CIC records and uses video, photographs and audio for promotional purposes on its website, social media accounts and other formats under its legitimate interests basis for processing where it would not be necessary, appropriate or practicable to obtain your specific consent (for example, we may seek specific consent for prominent or impactful uses, but typically not for group shots, background inclusion or internal use).
Unless you have requested otherwise, we may use sponsors’, stallholders’ and exhibitors’ business name and/or websites/social media identifiers in our promotional material, both printed and online.
Funding and Fundraising
We use third party providers, such as PayPal, to process some donations and payments. We work with these providers because they provide secure online financial transaction facilities. Use of these services is covered by their own privacy policies. East Finchley Festival CIC does not keep any financial details for our supporters or stallholders.
Disclosure of your details to third parties
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties. These are as follows:
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
We do not sell or pass on personal details to third parties for any purpose.
Security of your personal information
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible.
Retaining your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under GDPR you have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you
- to require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress
- to require us not to send you marketing communications
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect
- to require us to erase your personal data
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal)
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.