East Finchley Community Festival
East Finchley Community Festival is an inclusive FREE one-day community festival, in London N2, which has been bringing the community together for nearly 40 years.
It is staged in Cherry Tree Wood, right opposite East Finchley tube station. Every year its mix of live music and performance art, children’s activities, local craft and food stalls and a licenced bar, attracts thousands of visitors of all ages.
The next festival will take place on Sunday 21st June 2020, 12-6pm.
The festival is run by an army of volunteers which, from 2020, will be overseen by East Finchley Festival CIC. Whist the festival is funded partly by revenue from stalls, advertising and the raffle, we rely heavily on sponsorship and kind donations from the public.
- East Finchley Festival is an inclusive festival with a welcome given to ALL within our community.
- The Festival is free at the point of entry – no entrance fees are charged to enter Cherry Tree Wood.
- Encouragement and preference is given to local (to N2) business and community stalls, food vendors and entertainment acts on both stages.
- Quality local independent trade and craft stalls are preferred.
- Stage acts do not receive payment.
- Motorised entertainments such as funfair rides are discouraged.
- Motorised access to Cherry Tree Woods is discouraged as far as possible.
- Generators are only provided for activities involved in running the Festival and are not permitted for individual stall holders.
- We aim to leave Cherry Tree Wood in as good as, if not a better, state after the festival than before.
- Respect is always shown to local residents living in the immediate area of Cherry Tree Wood to recognise the adverse impacts the event can have upon the local environment.
The responsibility for the Festival, its assets and liabilities and standards and activities rests with the East Finchley Festival CIC.